Today, I’m cooking vegetarian chili in the crock pot. And this vegetarian chili is so incredibly easy and inexpensive to make, I’m thinking it will quickly become a regular recipe on our table!
Crock-pot vegetarian chili is a recipe that can be served in various ways. Easy, healthy recipe and meaty flavor comes from lots of beans and vegetables, without any meat!. That can be made in 2 hours. It’s also very versatile and you can add whatever veggies you like and round it out with corn and beans (I always add mushrooms and bell peppers for variety).
This chili recipe can be made in a slow cooker or on the stove top. The beans add protein, the veggies provide vitamins, and the spices give it a unique flavor. You can serve this with cornbread, rolls, or tortilla chips.
Prepare Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Crock Pot
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 canned yellow corn
- 1 kidney beans
- 1 black beans
- 1 pinto beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tomato sauce
- 1 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced chillis
- 1/2 Tbs italian seasoning
- 1/4 Tbs chilli powder
- 1 Tbs cummin
- 1 Tbs paprika
- 1/2 Tbs garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbs onion powder
- 1 Jalapeno (sliced in half) [optional]
- 1 Tbs oil
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Take garlic, jalapeno, onion, and corn and add to your crock pot. Add oil and cover.
- Let sit on high storing every 5-10min until heated through. During this time take your canned beans and drain the beans and rinse them. Set aside.
- Once the onion garlic, corn, and Jalapeno are done simmering add in your can of diced tomatoes (do not drain) and diced chillies. Combine well.
- Add in your drained and rinsed beans. Mix all the ingredients together we'll.
- Once the vegetables and beans are well combined add 1 cup of vegetable broth. Then add in your can of tomato sauce.
- Once the tomato sauce, beans, and begtable mixture is combined add in your spices. (You can add in as little or as much as you like in terms of spices) I have listed the amount I use above as a guide line.
- I always add a bit of sugar to level out the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Let set in crock pot on high for 4hrs. (Move to low or warm once heated through if your not going to eat right away.)
- Finally, add top with cheese and serve with corn bread or tortillas.