Blueberry crumble is one of the best summer dessert recipes that you can make when the season has perfect berries. It is nice when you do not need to add any sugar (the sweetness is in blueberries themselves), and they are very healthy instead, which makes them even better. This desert simple blueberry crumble recipe uses low fat frozen yogurt in them to make it lighter yet full of taste.
This desert simple blueberry crumble recipe is so easy to make. You start with flour, cinnamon, sugar, butter and plump, juicy blueberries. These ingredients are mixed together in a bowl until it forms a crumble mixture. I like to use fresh blueberries which means that you need to take the time to clean them.
Make simple blueberry crumble
- 300 g fresh blueberries
- 50 g caster sugar
- 175 g plain flour
- 110 g cold block butter
- 110 g caster sugar
- First you need pre-heat the oven to 170°c fan.
- Next step, wash the blueberries and put them in an oven proof dish.
- Add the 50g of sugar and mix well.
- Add the flour into a mixing bowl and add the 110g of caster sugar.
- Then cut the cold butter into small chunks and add to the bowl.
- Wipe the butter into the flour and sugar using your fingertips until there are no chunks of butter left and the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Be patient, this will take a few minutes but is important.
- Do it – Them put the crumble topping into the oven proof dish on top of the blueberries.
- Spread it evenly, press it down firmly and then score it with a fork.
- After that, put the crumble into the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't start to burn.
- Now, last step – Remove from oven and serve either on it's own, with vanilla ice cream or with custard.
This desert simple blueberry crumble recipe requires that the blueberries are washed and dried off after they are cleaned. But if you like, you can use frozen berries instead of the fresh ones. When the berries are thawed out you will need to throw away any berries that are moldy or damaged because they will hurt the taste of your dish. Hopefully, enjoy your recipe today..See you next time. Bye!!!